BEST WESTERN PLUS DENTON INN & SUITES
2910 W University Dr., Denton, TX
Huey, Dewey, and Louie, the nephews of the popular Disney character, Donald Duck, have been bringing laughter to children from several generations. Their hilarious stories will animate this workshop on applying humor to psychotherapy with children, using psychodrama and other action methods - sociometry, playback theatre and spontaneous improvisations. Applications of therapeutic humor will be presented and experienced in the context of behavioral treatments and family therapy. The workshop will implement Dr. Jacob Levy and Zerka Moreno’s (founders of psychodrama and other action methods) invitation for laughter and positive energy in therapy; as well as techniques such as music, singing, dance and arts (J.L.Moreno, Psychodance and Psychomusic, 1948).
The workshop is intended for individuals who are or are interested in becoming Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Life Coaches, Teachers, etc. and for those who are interested in self-awareness, self-improvement, and self-care.
After attending this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the theory and use of therapeutic humor, in the context of behavioral treatments with children and in family therapy.
- Experience action techniques to coalesce group dynamics as an: audience member, protagonist or auxiliary.
COST OF THE TRAINING:
• Early Bird Registration professionals and general public due August 19, 2019 (paid online or via check): $65
• Early Bird Registration for College Students and Interns due August 19, 2019, (paid online or via check): $30
• Professionals and general public after August 19, 2019 (paid online or via check): $75
• College students and Interns after August 19, 2019 (paid online or via check): $40
Payment, in case of cancellation, will be credited to future workshops.
6 Texas CEUs LPC & LSW
6 hours for certification through the :
- Expressive Therapies Training Institute (ETTi)
- American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (ABE)
- International Society of Experiential Therapies (ISEP)
Light breakfast and coffee will be available. 30 minutes for lunch will be given. McDonalds, Braum’s, Subway, etc. are located within 100 feet.
For more information contact Daniela Simmons, PhD, TEP: email@example.com
About the Presenters:
Daniela Simmons, PhD, T.E.P., is the founder and director of the Expressive Therapies Training Institute (ETTi), offering workshops on action methods in North Texas, other states and internationally. Dr. Simmons teaches experiential tools and didactic; preparing the students pursuing certification to take both the written and on-site exams. She has conducted and published various research on action methods. Daniela Simmons', professional experience, both in Europe and the US, is in educational, research, and consultancy work in the social sciences, applied gerontology and mental health. She has been utilizing action methods sessions since 1995 in Europe and since 2005 in the US. Daniela Simmons is the President of the American Society in Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (ASGPP) and executive editor for the American Journal in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy.
Paul A Jurek, PhD, LMFT-S, LPC-S, utilizes a collaborate approach to address ADHD, Autism Spectrum Disorders, Anxiety, Depression, Bipolar Disorder and Marital and Family issues. Clients' ages range from three to seniors. Dr. Jurek's clinical training allows him to administer Diagnostic Assessments and to provide comprehensive treatment which may include: play therapy, parenting skills, individual, couples and family counseling. He offers an inviting, safe environment to assist individuals and families navigate through life's difficulties.