Caring for Self and Others by Understanding and Implementing J.L.Moreno's Role Theory
Saturday, September 28, 2019
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Role theory is a perspective in social psychology that considers most of our everyday activity to be the acting out of socially defined categories. Each role is a set of rights, duties, expectations, norms and behaviors that a person has to face and fulfill. The term, "role theory" became prominent in sociological discourse in the 1930s through the theoretical works of Jacob L. Moreno, George Herbert Mead, Talcott Parsons, and Ralph Linton.
This workshop will explore the Role Theory created by Dr. J.L.Moreno, the founder of Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy. The Role Theory will be applied to practicing the art of caring, providing compassion to others and self, promoting healing and dignity, and building up and maintaining inter-personal caring relationships.
The workshop is intended for individuals who are or are interested in becoming Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Psychiatrists, Life Coaches, Teachers, etc. and for those who are interested in self-awareness, self-improvement, and self-care.
After attending this workshop participants will be able to:
- Understand the J.L.Moreno's Role Theory.
- Experience action techniques to coalesce group dynamics as an: audience member, protagonist or auxiliary.
- Recognize at least 5 different psychodrama or sociometry techniques.
COST OF THE TRAINING:
• Early Bird Registration professionals and general public due September 23, 2019 (paid online or via check): $65
• Early Bird Registration for College Students and Interns due September 23, 2019, (paid online or via check): $30
• Professionals and general public after September 23, 2019 (paid online or via check): $75
• College students and Interns after September 23, 2019 (paid online or via check): $40
Payment, in case of cancellation, will be credited to future workshops.
6 Texas CEUs LPC & LSW
6 hours for certification through the :
- Expressive Therapies Training Institute (ETTi)
- American Board of Examiners in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy (ABE)
- International Society of Experiential Therapies (ISEP)
Light breakfast and coffee will be available. 30 minutes for lunch will be given. McDonalds, Braum’s, Subway, etc. are located within 100 feet.
For more information contact Daniela Simmons, PhD, TEP: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Presenters:
Daniela Simmons, PhD, T.E.P., is the founder and director of the Expressive Therapies Training Institute (ETTi), offering workshops on action methods in North Texas, other states and internationally. Dr. Simmons teaches experiential tools and didactic; preparing the students pursuing certification to take both the written and on-site exams. She has conducted and published various research on action methods. Daniela Simmons', professional experience, both in Europe and the US, is in educational, research, and consultancy work in the social sciences, applied gerontology and mental health. She has been utilizing action methods sessions since 1995 in Europe and since 2005 in the US. Daniela Simmons is the President of the American Society in Group Psychotherapy and Psychodrama (ASGPP) and executive editor for the American Journal in Psychodrama, Sociometry and Group Psychotherapy.
Discounted Bed & Breakfast rates:
Double or single room: $89.00
To book your room, please contact the hotel directly at (940) 591-7726
and use the code for the discounted rate, 'ETT'.
BEST WESTERN PLUS DENTON INN & SUITES
2910 W University Dr., Denton, TX